Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poppies! Day 18: Malmo to Idaho Countdown

Today was windy and colder.  Though I spent much of the day doing research on my computer, I took time for another 15 minute walk by the sea.  It was more fun with a hot latte machiatto (sp?).

It only took a few minutes for me to realize that knee-length pants were too short and I would need to wear my wind-breaker hood up to keep my hair from entering an outer atmosphere.  The wind was so strong by the sea, the sea a frothy deep blue and green that I found it exhilarating.  I let myself imagine what it would be like to be one of the wind surfers I could see in the shallow harbor.

But, my main happiness for today, even after driving around in my favorite countryside with hubby and little boy, were the yellow poppies in the back garden.

Yellow poppies!  Have you ever seen such a thing?

No comments: